About - Our Library
GOAL 1 Enhance outreach to MRU’s diverse communities through strategic marketing and community-tailored programming.
- Increase awareness of the resources our communities can access at the MRU Library. These resources include: services, collections, personnel, and virtual and physical tools and spaces.
- Gather information to deepen understanding of our user communities and use it to inform resource development.
- Provide a welcoming environment to all users through services, programming and spaces, with particular focus on Indigenous and other growing communities
GOAL 2 Evaluate and meet user needs through highly responsive and accessible services, adaptable spaces, and technological innovations.
- Continually gather data from the Library, the University, and other pertinent communities to assess user needs, wish lists, and gaps, and use this evidence to inform decisions.
- Develop an agile framework for measuring the impact and value of Library resources.
- Educate and cross-educate staff to create a nimble Library team with user-focus as the primary driver.
- Provide education and programming to enable users to make the most of all Library resources.
GOAL 3 Enhance collaboration within our team and with our building partners to provide innovative and improved experiences to our users.
- Create forums to celebrate the contributions, shared values, and diversity of our staff and Library users.
- Put in place defined communication channels to address innovations and gaps in resources.
- Develop opportunities for students as collaborators in library initiatives and assessment.
GOAL 4 Increase the value and impact of the Library’s online presence as a critical teaching tool and a virtual destination of choice.
- Ensure the Library’s website is a highly functional teaching and research tool for our users.
- Ensure that our online presence provides beneficial, up-to-date information and resources to our users.
- Ensure our online presence and electronic resources are compatible with our users’ expectations.
- Make our virtual and physical spaces complementary, adding value to each.
GOAL 5 Promote the Library as a knowledge catalyst, generating ideas, fostering connections, and combining expertise and information to create knowledge.
- Ensure collections and instruction programs support students in their undergraduate research endeavours.
- Coordinate with other campus partners to develop workshops and resources to support undergraduate and faculty research.
- Ensure our collections and tools adapt to the changing needs of our communities.
- Use new Library spaces to enable new ways of conducting research and scholarship.