Services - Borrowing
Loans & Fines
- Books - semester loan
- EAL Collection - varies, 1 week to 3 weeks
- Reserve Collection - varies, 2 hours to 1 week
- Interlibrary Loans - due date is set by the lending library
- Videos/DVDs – 1 week
- Laptops - 1 day or 3 days
- Equipment - loan periods vary, please see Service Desk.
It is the borrower's responsibility to note the date and time materials are due. There are no overdue fines for our Main Collection. Fines are charged for overdue material for recalls, equipment, interlibrary loans, reserves, and all lost material.
- Check My Account online for due dates and accumulated fines
- Fines must be paid in person at the Library Service Desk. We accept cash, debit and credit.
- More than $50 in fines/fees for 14 days will result in student accounts being forwarded to MRU Financial Services.
- this may affect future registration or receipt on transcripts.
Food for Fines!
Every Tuesday bring non-perishable food donations to the Library Service Desk and we will reduce your fines by $5.00
- Donations are to support the SAMRU Peer Support Centre Food Bank
- Maximum $5.00 fine reduction per Food for Fines Tuesday.
- Reserve Collection - $2 per hour/item to a maximum of $50
- Interlibrary Loans (ILL) - $2 per day/item to a maximum of $50
- Laptops - $5 per hour to a maximum of $50
For all other Equipment and a complete listing of all library material fines and fees, please review the Schedule of Fines and Fees.
Pay for fines and fees with cash, debit, Visa or MasterCard at the Service Desk
Keep items longer and avoid potential fines by renewing checked out material before it becomes overdue. Items may be renewed online from your Library Account, by phone 403.440.6019, or in person at the Service Desk.
- Items may be renewed twice if there are no holds placed on them
- Reserve items and equipment must be renewed in person
- Renewals of Interlibrary loan materials may be requested, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, but are not guaranteed. Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library
- Items are assumed lost after 28 days
- Item replacement cost and a $15 processing fee will be charged
- Lost items that have been located must be returned directly to the Service Desk
- If a lost item is located within one year replacement charges will be refunded. The processing fee and overdue fines will not be refunded
Interlibrary Loan Items
- A $5 fee will be charged for all physical items that are requested and not picked up by the item's due date
- This is to ensure fast and efficient Interlibrary loan (ILL) service for all users
- $5 non-pickup fee is intended to reduce request handling for items no longer needed and to recoup some of the Library's costs for ILL
- Email email@example.com to cancel a requested item that is no longer needed