Skip to main content

Other libraries - borrowing and lending

What can you do if MRU Library does NOT have the resource you need?

  • Get a COPPUL Card
  • Get a card for The Alberta Library
  • Use our Interlibrary Loan service
    • Go to the LibrarySearch Find Known Item form
    • Use the Sign in link on the top left corner of the screen to sign in with your myMRU information.
    • Choose your request type: Article or Book
      (for book chapters choose Article; for microfilm, theses, and videos choose Book)
    • Enter the known details for the item and click the Submit button to see if MRU Library has access to the item
    • If MRU Library does not have access to the item, you will see a link for Interlibrary loan request
    • Click on the link to view the ILL request form.
    • Fill in the required fields on the ILL request form, along with any additional item details you may have
    • If there is a date after which you no longer need the item, enter that date in the Cancel if not received by field
    • Submit your ILL request
  • Libraries who would like to borrow materials from MRU can find more information in the Lending To Other Libraries section of this page

Canadian University Libraries - COPPUL

Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement

  • With a COPPUL card Mount Royal students can borrow materials from participating University libraries across Canada, including the University of Calgary, University of Alberta and University of Lethbridge.
  • In-person borrowing is the main privilege extended by the host institution
    • Host libraries may offer additional privileges or services
    • Please obtain information on the privileges available at individual host libraries prior to visiting those libraries.
  • Quebec Universities, the University of Toronto, and the Ontario College of Art and Design do not lend materials to Undergraduate Students from other provinces.
  • COPPUL cards are issued at the MRU Service Desk.
  • Student COPPUL cards expire at the end of the semester.

The Alberta Library (TAL) Card

The Alberta Library

  • With a TAL card , members of the Mount Royal Library can access materials from participating libraries, including Calgary Public LibraryACAD Library, and SAIT Library
  • TAL cards are issued at the MRU Service Desk.
  • To be eligible, your library account must be in good standing and you must be an MRU student, staff or faculty member.
  • Student TAL cards expire at the end of each semester; faculty and staff TAL cards expire at the end of August, annually.

Lending to other libraries

Mount Royal University Library (library symbol: ACMR, OCLC symbol: CNMTR) participates in lending and document delivery with other libraries and institutions.

What we lend:

  • Books from our Main Collection and Curriculum Collection
  • Music Scores
  • Music CDs
  • Videos (depending on license and demand) 
    • please note: Video loan period is usually one week from receipt with no renewal, and the item must be returned using a courier (Canadian libraries please return using Canada Post)

Not for loan:

  • Items in EAL Collection, kits/toys/mixed media items from the Curriculum Collection, Reference Collection, journals, e-resources and reserves
    • certain journal issues/microform may be possible to loan; decisions are made on a case by case basis
  • Copies are emailed as PDFs or uploaded via Article Exchange if large file size.
  • Loans are sent using Alberta Government Courier, Canada Post, or United Parcel Service (UPS) - if you require rush shipping, please provide courier and account information.

As per reciprocal agreement or:

  • Loans $10.00 or 1 IFLA Voucher
  • Copies $5.00 or 1/2 IFLA Voucher

For requests made via OCLC, IFM is preferred; otherwise please await annual invoice. Payments can be made by credit card,  cheque, and IFLA voucher

Mount Royal University Library 
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW 
Calgary, AB T3E 6K6 

Loading ...