Spaces & Technology - Study & Computing
Book Group Rooms
In an effort to align with guidelines from Alberta Health Services and Mount Royal University, MRU Library is temporarily suspending bookings for our spaces.
The MRU Library has 31 bookable Group Rooms and 2 Presentation Practice rooms for members of the Mount Royal University community. You can use your @mtroyal.ca email address to book up to 3 hours per day in these spaces (2 hours max for Presentation Practice rooms due to demand).
- Choose the date you would like to book (up to 7 days in advance, a maximum of 3 hours per day). Blue indicates available times. Click the information symbol for a photo and description of the room.
- Enter your full name and your @mtroyal.ca email address in the fields provided. Only the group name you provide will be visible to others.
- Click "Submit my Booking." You have 30 minutes to open the confirmation email sent by the system and click to confirm. Unconfirmed bookings become available to others. Please hold on to this email - it contains a link to cancel the space if you no longer need it.
Group Room Use
- Groups with reservations will have first priority for the space. If they are a “no-show,” after 15 minutes, the booking is forfeited and the room will become available to drop-in users for the entire remainder of the booking. This policy also applies to Audio Production Room bookings.
- These spaces are intended for group work. Quiet, comfortable individual workspaces can be found on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors.
- For assistance with room equipment, please ask a Library staff member for help or contact the Service desk at 440.6019
- Library users are responsible for their contribution to an environment that is conducive to learning, study and collaboration in the Library and for demonstrating respect for the spaces, equipment, facilities and others in the space. If you are not able to comply with the above or your conduct violates the Code of Student Conduct Policy, POL 513 and adversely affects the learning of others, you will be asked to leave.
FOIP Notification Statement
Personal information provided through the MRU Library's booking, appointments and registration system (Name, Email) is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act - section 33(c) and the Post-Secondary Learning Act. It will be used solely to manage bookings, registrations and appointments. Mount Royal University has contracted SpringShare Software Inc. to provide online booking, registration and appointment services in order to make booking of these spaces and services more accessible for MRU students.
Please be advised that the information you provide through the online system may be housed on servers residing outside of Canada and, therefore, may be subject to the laws of a foreign jurisdiction. Although Mount Royal University has made reasonable efforts to protect privacy of users, the University cannot guarantee protection against possible disclosure of information residing in another country.
Questions regarding the collection of personal information can be directed to: Mount Royal University Library, Mount Royal University, 403.440.6019.