Hours & Locations
Mount Royal University is committed to access, diversity, and equity. The Library, working in collaboration with Accessibility Services, supports access and academic success for all students.
The Riddell Library and Learning Centre has accessible entrances, each with door activation push buttons.
The main/north building entrance is at ground level, and the east entrance is directly accessible from the parking lot, with a wheelchair lift in the foyer. There is also direct interior access to the building from the underground parkade.
Other accessibility features include:
- Single stall accessible washrooms on each floor
- Dedicated accessible workstations in the computer commons
- Adjustable height computer workstations on each floor
- Private, low-distraction study pods
The Library offers specialized software and hardware for students, faculty, and staff who might benefit from a range of assistive technologies. This includes ergonomic and adjustable height work and study stations, large scale and dual monitors, scanners, large format / high contrast keyboards and document reading software.
Specific resources include:
- Read and Write Gold screen reading software
- Kurzweil accessibility software
- JAWS screen reading software (available on laptop for borrowing)
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (available on laptop for borrowing)
- Closed Circuit Television