Record high quality podcasts and voice-over to enhance your creative projects in the Library’s Audio Production Rooms. Access sound booths and audiovisual editing software for interviews, discussions, and more.
Audio Production Room 2L
Record podcasts, interviews, discussions and more with groups of up to four using the Rodecaster audio interface. Video conferences and phone calls can also be recorded in addition to people in the room.
Post Production Room 2M
Record voice overs and edit podcasts, videos, and other audiovisual projects using the installed audio and video editing software.
MRU users may reserve the audio rooms for up to 4 hours a day and a maximum of 12 hours per week. MRU Alumni and Community Borrowers may book the Audio Production Rooms by phone (403.440.6019) for a maximum of 4 hours per booking and 8 hours per week.
These rooms contain specialized sound recording equipment and software, and are not group meeting rooms; users not using the space for the intended purposes (audio recording, editing, and interviewing) will result in users being asked to leave. Users misusing the rooms may be prevented from booking in the future or be referred to Security or the Office of Student Community Standards.
1. Book the Room
- If you are a student, faculty or staff member, book the rooms 2M and 2L online.
- When you arrive at your scheduled time, stop by the Library Service Desk to pick up both the required room accessory kit and key card to access the rooms.
2. Review Quick Start Guide
3. Properly Use the Space
- Leave the space in an orderly and clean condition.
- Please turn off all equipment when you are done using the room; report damage or misuse to the Service Desk immediately.
- You are responsible for the space, furniture, technology and any damage that occurs during your use of the space.
- No food or drink is allowed in the rooms; water in a closed container is permitted.
- You may not add furniture or exceed the marked room capacity at any time.
- Please return the key card and room kits to the Service Desk at the end of your booked time to avoid late fees.
Quick Start Videos
Audio Production Room (2L) Quick Start
Post Production Room (2M) Quick Start
Quick Start FAQ
- How do I record to a laptop using the Rodecaster in 2L?
- How do I record audio from a phone call?
- How do I record audio from Skype or Google Meet?
- How do I open a multitrack file recorded on the Rodecaster?
- How do I cite sources in a podcast or other oral presentation format?
- How do I find copyright friendly resources?
Equipment and Software
Audio Production Equipment
- SD Card
- TRRS Cable
- TRRS Lightning Adapter
- TRRS USB-C Lightning Adapter
- USB-C to USB-C Cable
- USB SD Card Reader
- USB-C SD Card Reader
- Lightning SD Card Reader
Audio Editing Software
|What does it do?
|Intuitive program for recording, editing, and mixing multitrack audio projects. Best for audio editing and podcasting.
|Ideal for fast recording, editing, and exporting audio files. This software cannot record multitrack.
|Ideal for beginner audio and music recording, editing, and mixing.
|Logic Pro X
|Ideal for intermediate and advanced audio and music multitrack recording, editing, and mixing.
Video Editing Software
|What does it do?
|Final Cut Pro X
|Ideal for beginners. Intuitive video editing and voiceover recording.
|Intermediate level video editing software. Import clips directly from Adobe Audition to Adobe Premiere.