Mount Royal University's Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery (ILL) staff provide access to materials not owned by MRU. Libraries who would like to borrow materials from MRU can find more information on the Lending to other libraries page.
Interlibrary Loan Requests
Already have a citation and MRU doesn’t have the item
- Place requests directly using the Interlibrary Loan Request form
- Choose your request type: for copies choose Article or Book chapter, for all loaned items select Book, video, thesis
Found a citation while searching LibrarySearch
- Scroll to the ‘How to get it’ section
- Log in to your account (if you have not already done so)
- Click the ‘Request interlibrary loan’ link
- If you do not see the ‘Interlibrary loan request’ as an option after logging in, see MRU’s ILLs Policy for eligibility https://library.mtroyal.ca/borrowing/interlibrary
- Click on the ‘Find full text’ or ‘Look for a copy’ link
- If there is no ‘Find full text’ or ‘Look for a copy’ link, follow the instructions for ‘Already have a citation and MRU doesn’t have the item’
- If MRU Library does not have access to the item, log in to your account (if you haven’t already done so) and click the link for ‘Request interlibrary loan'
Notifications and Delivery
- All notifications will be sent to your MRU email account (@mtroyal.ca). Users will be notified by email when a request is placed and when the item arrives
- Check your spam/junk folder if you do not receive any email confirmations and notifications
- Delivery times can vary from two business days to over three weeks - allow sufficient time when placing requests
- Delivery time depends on the type of request, shipping method, and many other factors
- Copies of articles and book chapters are delivered electronically whenever possible - you will be emailed with a link to download the request. The link will be active for 5 downloads and 14 days; it is recommended that you save or print a copy of the PDF.
- If license terms require that only a print copy may be delivered to the end user, a pickup notice will be sent and the copy will be kept at the Library service desk for 1 month
Loans, Renewals and Returns
- The due date is noted on the book band. Return the item on or before the due date as overdue fines do apply
- Renewals are not automatic; we must ask the lending library if they will permit the renewal. Allow 2-3 business days to communicate with the lending library. MRU ILL will pursue 1 renewal per request
- Email email@example.com to request a renewal
- Interlibrary loans not picked up within 7 days may be subject to a $5 fine. If you require more time to pick up your intelibrary loan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See Loans and fines for more information