Users can access computer workstations on every floor of the Library during our scheduled open hours. A mixture of quick access and account login workstations are available to meet various user needs.
The computer commons area on the first floor of the Library provides access to workstations in an open space full of natural light where students can engage with their fellow classmates. It contains:
- 9 rows of computers for student use
- 1 iMac computer in each row
- Accessibility workstation
- Height adjustable computer desks
When not being used for teaching, students can use the computers in the Library classrooms on the first floor.
To see if the Library classrooms are available, view the Library instruction schedule.Library instruction schedule
Print, Copy, or Scan
There is a printing room located on the 1st and 2nd levels of the Library. In addition to printers, users will also find the supplies needed to finish projects and papers.
To meet various needs the library offers black/white and colour account printing (first add money to your account from a campus P-counter deposit station) and cash printing.
To add money to your printing account using debit or credit please visit the Campus Card office located in the Bookstore.
Black and white, as well as colour printing, is available:
- Black and white printing - Computer Commons and each printing room
- OneCard is needed to swipe to release print jobs sent from account
- Cash printing release stations are located in the 1st and 2nd level print rooms
- $0.15 per page
- Colour printing - 1st level printing room
- $0.50 per page
Wireless printing from your own device is available on all 4 floors.
- Use webprint.mtroyal.ca to access wireless printing
If your document doesn't print properly, the file format may not be supported. Convert the document to a .pdf or an image file.
Coin operated photocopiers are available in the printing rooms on the 1st and 2nd levels.
To meet users' scanning needs there are:
- Two scanners located in the Computer Commons
- No charge to scan to email, Google drive or h-drive
- Coin operated photocopiers on the 1st and 2nd levels offer 'scan to USB'
- Will scan to .pdf or .jpeg
- $.05 charge