Contactless Book Pick Up
Students, faculty and staff may now request books that are currently on-shelf in the main collection. Requested items will be made available for contactless pickup at the Riddell Library and Learning Centre on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We are happy to provide this service in support of Mount Royal researchers; please be aware that our ability to offer this service relies on the availability of staff managing multiple services.
What you need to know
Before submitting your request:
- A limit of 10 books can be requested for each pick up time
- Pick up time slots are available Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am-2pm
- Each request requires 1 to 2 business days to process before pick up times are emailed to the requestor
- Books will be pulled by Library staff and made available to the requestor at the confirmed pick up time while adhering to safety guidelines
- If you require a larger number of items, please submit your requests via LibrarySearch and wait for the Library to contact you directly to arrange pick up.
- Our interlibrary loan services have been reduced at this time. We are not providing loans or requests for physical items from or to other libraries.
- Arrive at the Riddell Library and Learning Centre (across the Taylor Centre building) at your scheduled pick up time. Note that the Library will not be packaging items for you, so please bring your own bag or box if needed.
- Pull up to a pick up zone stall and call 403.440.6019 to let us know you are outside and ready for your books.
- Remain in your *vehicle while a Library staff member brings the books outside the west entrance on a cart that will be left on the walkway at the top of the stairs. To maintain a safe distance, please wait until the staff member has left the cart and is back inside the building to collect your books.
In an effort to adhere to health and safety guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the book cart used for contactless pick ups will be sanitized after each appointment.
*Same instructions apply to those who bike to the Library or arrive on foot. Please wait in one of the pick up parking stalls.