Contactless Pick Up
Students, faculty and staff may now request material currently on-shelf in the main collection. Requested items will be made available for contactless pickup at the Riddell Library and Learning Centre on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We are happy to provide this service in support of Mount Royal researchers; please be aware that our ability to offer this service relies on the availability of staff managing multiple services.
What you need to know
Before submitting your request:
- A limit of 10 items can be requested for each pick up time
- Pick up time slots are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10am-2pm
- Each request requires 1 to 2 business days to process before pick up times are emailed to the requestor
- Items will be pulled by Library staff and made available to the requestor at the confirmed pick up time while adhering to safety guidelines
- If you require a larger number of items, please submit your requests via LibrarySearch and wait for the Library to contact you directly to arrange pick up.
- Our interlibrary loan services have been reduced at this time. We are not providing loans or requests for physical items from or to other libraries.
Collections available to request:
Main Collection - semester-long loan
Curriculum and DVD Collections - 3-week loan
Reserves and Reference - not available for Contactless Pick Up but accessible through the Digitization Request service
- Arrive at the Riddell Library and Learning Centre (across the Taylor Centre building) at your scheduled pick up time. Note that the Library will not be packaging items for you, so please bring your own bag or box if needed.
- Pull up to a pick up zone stall and call 403.440.6019 to let us know you are outside and ready for your items.
- Remain in your *vehicle while a Library staff member brings the order outside the west entrance on a cart that will be left on the walkway at the top of the stairs. To maintain a safe distance, please wait until the staff member has left the cart and is back inside the building to collect your items.
In an effort to adhere to health and safety guidelines to help stop the spread of COVID-19, the book cart used for contactless pick ups will be sanitized after each appointment.
*Same instructions apply to those who bike to the Library or arrive on foot. Please wait in one of the pick up parking stalls.