Setup Course Reserves
Materials can be placed on Reserve by instructors for their students. Putting items on course reserve helps to ensure access to high demand items by the use of short loan periods.
Students can search for course reserve material by instructor or course name using LibrarySearch.
How to place an item on reserve
- Library-owned material may be placed on Reserve by visiting the Service Desk
- Instructor or department owned material can also be placed on reserve.
- An Instructor/Department Owned Materials on Library Reserve Agreement and a new material form are required when bringing new instructor or department owned reserve material to the Service Desk.
- Information about the status and usage of course reserves is available upon request.
- If you have questions, please contact the Service Desk at email@example.com or 403.440.6019
Guidelines for placing items on reserve
- Reserves are limited to high demand items.
- Original publications (textbooks, monographs, print journals, etc.) may be placed on reserve.
- In the case of book chapters, the full book will be placed on reserve in lieu of photocopied chapters.
- Where possible, books not owned by the Library may be purchased for the collection on an expedited basis and placed on reserve.
- Journal articles held by the Library in a digital form and resources freely available on the web may not be placed on reserve.
- The Library can supply permalinks to these items for use in Blackboard.