Research Assistant Training
The Library offers training in advanced research skills to both current and aspiring student Research Assistants (RAs). Training is customized based on the skills and resources needed for the research project. Refer to the FAQs below for a list of possible topics. To arrange for training or for more information, please complete a training request form or contact your Subject Librarian directly.
What can I get help with?
- Conducting a literature review
- Translating a research question into a search strategy
- Identifying appropriate places to search
- Organizing and sharing citations with tools like Mendeley or Zotero
- Advanced search strategies like citation chaining
- Accessing archival or primary source material and publishing
- Locating hard-to-find sources like grey literature, statistics, and data sets
- Possible research methods
- Interlibrary loan requests
- Sharing research findings through articles, conferences, posters, podcasts, and more
- Managing the data you collect in your research
- Archiving your research in a repository