Support for Research Assistants
The Library provides spaces, services and expertise to support the work of research assistants and facilitate community building.
Learn from Library Experts
- Conduct a literature review
- Translate a research question into a search strategy
- Identify appropriate places to search
- Organize and share citations with tools like Mendeley or Zotero
- Learn advanced search strategies like citation chaining
- Access archival or primary source material and publishing
- Locate hard-to-find sources like grey literature, statistics, and data sets
- Investigate possible research methods
- Make Interlibrary loan requests
- Share research findings through articles, conferences, posters, podcasts, and more
- Manage the data you collect in your research
- Archive your research in a repository
2022 Library Sip & Shares: Coffee & Conversation for Researchers
Looking to connect with other research assistants on campus? Sign up for Library Sip & Shares and join other student researchers for complimentary coffee, snacks and conversation once a month.
This is your opportunity to find out what other students are working on and learn new research skills from researchers and faculty experts. Topics include getting off on the right foot with your supervisor, research time management, good data habits, and how to highlight your research work for a stand-out resume.
Register online at library.mtroyal.ca/SipandShare