Ricoh Theta V
Easy to Use 360° Camera
The Theta V is a 360° camera that allows users to do one click recording and photography; automatically stitching and processing the image on the go in various shooting modes.
- 4K30 360° Video
- 5k Photos
- One click recording
- Companion app for PC, iOS and Android
- 4k live streaming
- 19GBs of internal storage
- Auto stitching
NOTE: The camera is waterproof on its own. You may borrow a waterproof case from the Experience Lab along with the camera.
You will need a smartphone or PC (available for use in the Experience Lab) to download and edit content.
The Ricoh Theta uses four buttons to control the camera. See a detailed diagram below.
- Shutter button: Cycles the shutter
- Power Button: Powers the camera on and off
- Wireless Button: Cycles wireless function
- Mode Button: Cycles between the 3 modes
Image from theta360.com
The Theta V features a companion app, for both iOS and Android. It allows users to control the camera from their phone, preview spherical shooting from your phone, download and edit photos captured on the Theta and to share your photos on social media or export for use.
- Rotate in the preview to see the full 360 of the shot
- Trigger photos, videos and interval shooting from the app
- Download the photos and videos from the camera to your phone
- Edit your photos on the go
- Share the photos to your favorite social media site or export them to be used in your favorite editing software
- Upload the photos onto Google street view and Google tour creator
You may borrow the Ricoh Theta V (or other XR equipment) from the Experience Lab. The equipment can be booked online through the library website.