- Who is the author of the source?
- Are they a qualified expert on the topic? What are their credentials/organizational affiliation?
- Who is the publisher or sponsor of the source? Are they reputable and reliable?
- What is the intended purpose of the source?
- To inform or educate? - To persuade? - To entertain? - To sell a product?
- Who is the intended audience of the source?
- Is there evidence of any potential biases?
- Is the information accurate? How was the information generated? (original research? opinion?)
- Are sources of information properly referenced?
- What review process has the information gone through before it was published? (peer review? editor?)