1. Search the Library's collection via the search box above, or the one on the Library homepage.
2. Once you've found a relevant book, make sure it's available and note its call number. Below is an example of a record with the call number highlighted.
3. Let's go find that book! The collection is located in the Library on floors 2, 3, and 4. Call numbers starting with the letters A to L are located on floor 3, M is located on floor 2, and N to Z are located on floor 4 (most Art History books are found here). Here's what the stacks on floor 4 look like:
4. Each row has a sign that tells you what range of call numbers it contains. Everything is arranged alphabetically, so the N call numbers are found past the M section. The row containing our book (NC 1002. L63 C332 2007) is circled below.
4. Books are arranged by call number in alphabetical order on the shelves. For example: call numbers beginning with N are followed by NA, NB, NC; NC 1000 is followed by NC 1001, NC 1002, and so on. The book we're looking for is marked with a red arrow below. We found it!
Another great Google product! Find books online - some with limited content, some entirely online.
Finding too much?
Finding too little?
For better searching, think of multiple ways to describe your topic