Find out more about what resources are available to you
Borrowing from MRU Library
Students, Staff, and Faculty
Mount Royal University students, faculty and staff may borrow items from the Main Collection - books, journals, magazines, DVDs, and CDs. Students can also borrow laptops and wireless hotspots. MRU employees can borrow a selection of audiovisual equipment to assist with virtual instruction and support work.
- A vast collection of digital materials is available via LibrarySearch.
- Your OneCard is your library card and is required to access the building for main floor study, computer lab.
- Items may be renewed if there are no holds placed on the item. Renew online through your Library Account or use the chat, text (587-400-8044), or email option to request a renewal.
- Library equipment must be renewed by communicating with a member of the Service Desk team through chat, text, or email.
- Laptops must be returned at the end of each semester. Students can submit a new loan request if they still require the use of a laptop.
- Interlibrary Loan renewals can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org but not guaranteed. Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library.
Hold/Request an Item
Request, or place a "hold", on library items that are either loaned out to another borrower or available on the shelf. Holds may be placed the following ways:
- Online, via logging in to LibrarySearch. Search for a Main Collection title and select "Place hold" under "Get it".
- Via email, text or the online Ask Us chat option.
Interlibrary Loans is a service currently available to Mount Royal University students, faculty, staff and Emeritus who need access to a resource that we don't offer.
- 25 item limit from our General Collection
- 3 week loan, with 2 online renewals
Free MRU card by presenting photo identification and proof of Canadian address
- Borrowing Agreement forms are available from the Service Desk in the Library
- Individuals under 18 years of age applying for a Community Borrower card will need their parent or guardian to sign our borrowing agreement form
The Alberta Library (TAL) card
- If you are member of another Alberta library you may request a TAL card from your library which will allow you to borrow from MRU library
- Students, staff and faculty from participating University Libraries across Canada are eligible to borrow material from the Mount Royal Library.
- You must have a reciprocal borrowing card from your own institution. See the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement for more information on obtaining a card.
- 25 item limit from the General Collection.
- 3 week loan, with 2 online renewals.
- Request copies of journal articles, book chapters and loans from other libraries via the ILL for Retirees page.
- Make use of specialized spaces and attend programming and workshops. Keep an eye on the Library program calendar.
Your OneCard is your library card
Loans & Fines
Varies, 1 week to 3 weeks
Varies, 2 hours to 1 week
Due date is set by the lending library
Laptops + Wifi Hotspots
Semester loan (laptops)
3 weeks (hotspots)
Loan periods vary, please contact the Service Desk
It is the borrower's responsibility to note the date and time materials are due. There are no overdue fines for our Main Collection. Fines are charged for overdue material for recalls, equipment, interlibrary loans, reserves, and all lost material.
Check My Account online for due dates and accumulated fines
- More than $100 ;in fines/fees for 14 days will result in student accounts being forwarded to MRU Financial Services.
- this may affect future registration or receipt on transcripts.
- after fines are transferred to MRU Financial Services the Library can no longer accept payment or receive items that have gone to 'lost' status.
Food for Fines!
Every Tuesday bring non-perishable food donations to the Library Service Desk and we will reduce your overdue fines by $5.00
- Donations are to support the SAMRU Peer Support Centre Food Bank
- Maximum $5.00 fine reduction per Food for Fines Tuesday.
Keep items longer and avoid potential fines by renewing checked out material before it becomes overdue. Items may be renewed online from your Library Account, by phone 403.440.6019, or in person at the Service Desk.
- Items may be renewed twice if there are no holds placed on them
- Reserve items and equipment must be renewed in person
- Renewals of Interlibrary loan materials may be requested, by contacting email@example.com, but are not guaranteed. Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library
- Items are assumed lost after 28 days overdue.
- Item replacement cost and a $5 processing fee will be charged