Zotero is a free citation management tool that allows you to keep track of the sources you find when conducting research and to cite them in the citation style of your choice.
Unlike some other free citation management tools like Mendeley, Zotero is able to create footnotes or endnotes in Chicago Style 17th edition, which makes it a good choice for students in Philosophy courses. If you are interested in learning more about the differences between Mendeley and Zotero, please refer to the following chart.
There are many benefits to using Zotero including:
To access all of the benefits of Zotero, you will need to install the following on your computer. Versions are available for both PCs and Macs.
1. Zotero Desktop
2. Zotero Connector
Once you have installed Zotero Desktop, you will also see a new Zotero tab in Microsoft Word
Please refer to the following step by step instructions for more details on this process.
1. Log into LibrarySearch with your MyMRU username and password.
2. As you find resources that interest you, click on the pin icon to save them to your favourites list.
3. When you are finished searching, click on the pin icon in the top right next to your username to see your favourites list.
4. Check off the resources you would like to add to your Zotero account, click on the three dots, and select Export RIS. Download the RIS file to your desktop.
5. In Zotero Desktop, select File - Import. Select the RIS file on your desktop and select Finish.