Poster Creation Tips
Make sure the color of your text and background stand out from each other. Use light colour text on dark backgrounds, or dark colour text on light backgrounds.
Keep your font size above 19px (14 in Google Slides).
To avoid blurry images in your posters, do not scale them much larger than the default size they appear when dropped into your file.
Poster Content and Design
What is a poster and what goes into it?
Google Slides Template
Setting up the Google Slides Poster Template
- Open Google Slides Poster Template
- From the Google Slides toolbar menu, select "File" > "Make a copy" > "Entire Presentation"
- Select the folder you would like to save the template in your Google Drive, then click "Make a copy"
- Your copy of the template will open in a new browser tab.
Exporting Your Poster from Google Slides
- After designing your poster in Google Slides, from the Google Slides toolbar menu, select "File" > "Download" > "PNG Image"
- Minimum font size: 19px/pt
- Export as PNG
If you are creating a poster outside of the templates provided, please create and save your poster image as the following:
- File format: PNG
- File dimensions: 900 pixels wide by 1200 pixels tall
- Minimum font size: 19px