Untethered Standalone Virtual Reality Headset
The Oculus Go is an all in one VR headset. It allows for a portable and hassle free VR experience with no external PC or wires required.
- Experience VR outside the lab without a high powered PC or using your own mobile devices
- All-in-one system (wireless)
- 3 degrees of freedom
- Built in spatial audio
- Clear optics with vibrant colour
- Untethered system
- Intuitive controls
- Compatible with the Oculus app
- Single controller
- USB charger/power adapter
- Headphone Input
- USB Charging Port
- Volume Button
The Go has a single remote control.
Use any button to wake the controller after turning on the headset.
- Touchpad: press to select or swipe to browse
- Back button: press to go back to the previous screen or menu
- Oculus Button: press to go back to Oculus Home or press and hold to reset controller orientation
Access the Oculus Go Quick Start video tutorial here. Visit us in the Experience Lab for an in person walk through during lab hours.
The Oculus App allows users to set up their headset, purchase and install experiences, pair controllers and their headset and cast the headset view to their mobile devices.
Download the app here.
Oculus App Troubleshooting Tips:
- The headset and the mobile device must be connected to the same wifi network when using the Oculus app with the headset.
- The App requires a smartphone running iOS 10 or 6.0 Marshmallow or higher.
NOTE: There are free AND paid experiences for the Oculus Go.
As with all VR headsets be aware of your safety when using the Oculus Go.
Please ensure you have completed the Experience Lab waiver (found here) before use.
Guidelines for the Oculus Go:
- Please remain stationary, and preferably seated, while using the Go
- If you are pregnant, elderly, have a pacemaker or are managing any other medical conditions, check with your healthcare practitioner and/or the device manufacturer before using the Go
- Do not use the Go while while extremely tired or sick, or under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Cease use of the Go if you experience any side effects such as eye or muscle twitching, nausea or anything similar to motion sickness, and seek medical attention if the effects persist.
- Do not expose the Go to direct sunlight
You may borrow an Oculus Go (or other XR equipment) for curricular use from the Experience Lab. You may borrow an Oculus Go from the Service Desk for non-curricular use. The equipment can be booked online through the library website.
If you have any questions, would like to check out the equipment/software, or just come and try out more technology visit the experience lab during open hours.